Do you know what the Bible says about parenting? Take this quiz to find out. Answers to the 12 questions are shown at the end.
Biblical Parenting IQ Test:
1. There are two commands in Scripture directed to children. What is one of them?
2. What did Paul tell Fathers to do for their children in Ephesians 6:4?
3. Who said “Let the little children come to me and do not prevent them?”
4. True or False: Training children is not just the job of the church.
5. What is God’s greatest goal for your child?
6. Jesus told a story we generally refer to as the parable of the Prodigal Son. The point of this story is
a: to show that God is ready to forgive a rebellious son who returns to him, or
b: to show that God blesses the son who never rebels, or
c: both of the above are seen in the parable.
7. Give one Proverb from the book of Proverbs about child-rearing.
8. True or False: In Proverbs, children are commanded to listen to the instructions of their fathers. They are not told to listen to the instructions of their mothers.
9. True or False: Using “the rod” for correction is the only discipline tool mentioned in the Bible.
10. In the last prophecy of the Old Testament and the first prophecy of the New Testament, God predicts that the Messiah’s forerunner will turn the hearts of sons and fathers to each other. In both passages, whose hearts turn first, the son’s to the fathers, or the father’s to the sons?
11. Who is responsible to God for sin, a child who commits it or his parent(s)?
12. True or False: God is responsible for every child’s conception that takes place.
1.Honor your father and your mother -Exodus 20:12; Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right - Ephesians 6:1
2. Do not provoke them to wrath but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
3. Jesus - Matt. 19:14
4. True, it's the job of parents with support from the church, see Deuteronomy 6:1-7
5. Godliness -Malachi 2:15
6. c. both
7. Prov. 6:20, 15:20, 22:6, 22:15, 23:13, 23:15 and more. The whole of Proverbs can be considered as instruction from a father or mother to a son.
8. False - Proverbs 1:8
9. False - the Bible often talks of rebuke, instruction, reproof, guidance, restraint, etc.
10. the father to the son (Malachi 4:6, Luke 1:17)
11. the one who commits the sin - Jeremiah 31:30.
12. True - John 1:3